Somaliland Youth Peer Education Network (Y-PEER) is youth led network which builds youth skills in job readiness skills, entrepreneurship skills, promote youth reproductive health rights and their leadership involvements. Somaliland Y-PEER work through peer to peer approaches for building a healthier and empowered generation of young people for better future.
Somaliland is currently implementing Mustaqbaldoon Project in partnership with Helsinki Deaconess Institute funded by Finland ministry of foreign affairs. The four years project aims to help youth towards integrating them into the education system or employment. The project will focus building the employability of young people by putting them in vocational training, skills in searching and finding different kinds of jobs, fostering their entrepreneurship skills and life skills training sessions that builds youth’s identity and motivation, everyday survival skills, and paves way for realistic future.
- Purpose of the assignment
We ask you to conduct Agreed-upon Procedures concerning the annual report of the Development Co-operation Project Mustaqbaldoon of Helsinki Deaconess Institute Foundation sr. According to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland’s general conditions regarding support to non-governmental organizations and municipalities, the receiving organization must observe principles related to good governance and anti-corruption activities.
State support shall be used only to cover expenses considered necessary and reasonable in carrying out the project activities. The support-receiving organization shall in its accounting follow the generally accepted national accounting principles (GAAP). The audit should be carried out in accordance with the International Standards on Related Services 4400 applicable to agreed-upon procedures engagements taking into account the conditions set out in the discretionary government transfer decision and in the additional conditions for programme/project support and relevant national legislation and standards.
Y-PEER board of directors and the programme team from the partner organization will determine the policy framework in which the external Audit is to operate whilst the administrative responsibility for ensuring the performance of tasks is exercised by the project steering committee.
- Who are we looking for.
We are looking an external accounting firm with proven and demonstrated expertise in the field of external audit. The firm shall assign the assignment to one of its Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Authorized Chartered certified accountant (ACCA) or External Auditor. The below qualifications and expertise will be asset for the firm,
- Familiarity with automated accounting systems such as QuickBooks
- Knowledge of the External Auditors Standards and GAAP governing not-for-profit organizations a distinct advantage.
- Work experience in a similar audit role or familiarity with donor funding compliance requirements will be asset.
- Superior communications skills, verbal and written (emails),
- Ability to work independently.
- Responsibilities of the External Auditor,
- The audit should be carried out in accordance with the International Standards on Related Services 4400.
- The external Auditor will report directly to the Board of Directors and partner organization – HDI project team,
- The Y-PEER executive director is organizationally responsible for the successful operation of the external audit assignment and therefore works closely with the external Auditor to coordinate reviews, reports and management responses.
- The external auditor shall have access to the projects management team via project coordinators, executive director, finance and consultants if required;
- The external Auditor will have access to all correspondence, files, records, accounts and all other forms of information held by Y-PEER in accordance with project agreement document and as are necessary for the performance of audit duties,
- The external Auditor will access to all information and explanations as are necessary for the performance of audit duties
- The external Audit must review the project documents, partner agreement and audit procedures, risk management plans, financial policies, procedures, records, accounts and project plans,
- The external Audit will consider the adequacy of controls necessary in all areas and will seek to confirm that management have taken the necessary steps to achieve these objectives.
- Reviewing systems and operations and appraising the adequacy of controls including their ability to detect and prevent fraud,
- Appraising the extent of compliance with established policies, procedures and plans in accordance with the project income and expenditures,
- Advising on appropriate systems of control and other operational matters;
- Recommending improvements to systems and procedures;
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Reporting and approvals
- External Auditor will present the major findings of external audit report and Y-PEER management responses to the Y-PEER board of directors and Helsinki Deaconess Institute (HDI) team in Helsinki, Finland.
- Application Procedure
Interested and qualified candidates who met the above criteria should send updated CV and application letters to email@example.com. Please write “Application of External Audit” in the subject of your email. The deadline is 25 Dec,2019.
- Audit Plan – January 2019
- The assignment will start in mid-January 2019 and will be completed within two working weeks.
If you fit for the assignment, please send your quote and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than, 25th Dec 2019.